Thursday, July 9, 2009

fast food fun!

I made this for the 4th of July, it was bit time consuming but fun non the less. My husband seemed to enjoy it, he had several of them so I guess it couldnt have been that bad! lol

These are adorable little mini burgers & fries for dessert. It ended up making 1 dozen. It could have easily made 2 dozen if you make another batch of brownies.



The bun is a cup cake, the burger is a brownie and the fries are sugar cookies.

I got this off of Bakerella, so you know it has to be good!

I made the tray out of card stock, just printed it and cut it out. And the french fry case is made out of parchment paper but you can use vellum if you can find it at the craft store.

I cheated and used mixes because I had absolutely no time to make something from scratch, but you're more than welcome to if you want.

I used yellow cake mix for the cupcakes, make sure you bake them in baking cups. A family size brownie mix and 1 package of sugar cookie mix. On the back of the sugar cookie mix are instructions to make cut out cookies, follow those.

Once everything was baked and cool I sliced the cupcakes in half. I used a circle cookie cutter 3" to cut out the brownies. Place the brownie on the bottom half of the cupcake. For frosting I used classic white and divided it into 3 containers. I used Wilton Christmas Red for the ketchup, Wilton Golden Yellow for mustard and Wilton Leaf Green for the lettuce. Then I just put each color into a Ziploc bag and cut the tip of one of the bottom corners off.

(photo by Bakerella)

Add the icing to the top of the brownies then had the cupcake top to complete. I then lightly brushed water onto the tops of the cupcakes and sprinkled sesame seeds.

(photo by Bakerella)

For the french fries, I rolled the cookie dough out flat then cut it into thin strips. I sprinkled with sugar before I baked it. These still came out pretty chubby so I immediately sliced them again and added a bit more sugar.

(photo by Bakerella)

Perfect!!

1 comment: