Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Crock Pot 3 Bean Turkey Chili

I needed something healthy & easy to make since my husband was going to be working late and I knew I wouldnt have the time to cook with both kids underfoot. Im not much of a bean person but will eat them in chili. I will definitely be making this again!!

Crock Pot 3 Bean Turkey Chili
by Gina's Weight Watchers Recipes

Servings- 12 :: Serving size- 10.8oz :: Prep Time- 20 minutes

- ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (16oz) tomatoe sauce
- 1 can (4.5) chopped chilies, drained
- 1 can (15oz) chickpeas, undrained
- 1 can (15.5oz) black beans, undrained
- 1 can (15.5oz) small red beans, undrained
- 2 tbsp chili powder

* I couldnt find chopped chilies so I substituted the can of diced tomatoes with 2 cans (14.5oz) of diced tomatoes with chopped chilies. *

Topping:
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- shredded cheddar

* The recipe doesnt call for sour cream but I topped mine with it. I also left off the red onion and cilantro since I was in a hurry*

- Brown turkey and onion in a medium skillet over medium high heat until cooked through.
- Drain any fat remaining and transfer to crock pot.
- Add the beans, chilies, chickpeas tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder mixing well.
- Cook on high 6-8 hours.
- Garnish with onions, cilantro and cheese and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment