Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Meatloaf

Believe it or not, I went almost my entire life thus far without eating meatloaf. I guess because the name is kind of sketchy and I watched several shows as a child where the cafeteria served mystery meat which I linked directly with meatloaf. My mom never made it so I never ate it. Then last year I was thinking about how many people love meatloaf and decided to try and make it. My first time didnt go horribly (I did enjoy it enough to make again) but I felt like it was missing something. So after several attempts at meatloaf, this is my tried and true recipe. We always come back to this one. 


Meatloaf by Kimba



Ingredients

  • 1.5- 2 lbs of ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 4 cloves of garlic, diced
  • 1/4 tbsp pepper
  • 1/4 tbsp sage
  • 1/2 tsp ground mustard
  • 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
Topping Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
Directions
  1. Mix together beef, onion, garlic, pepper, sage, and ground mustard. Once it is mixed add in egg, milk and worcestershire sauce. Once that is mixed add in breadcrumbs. Mix until evenly coated.
  2. Form meatloaf into loaf pan.
  3. In a small bowl combine vinegar, ketchup and brown sugar. Whisk to dissolve of any clumps. 
  4. Spread ketchup mixture over the top of the meatloaf and bake at 350* F for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment