Sunday, February 14, 2010

Meatloaf

I was never a fan of meatloaf because almost every single one I had tried was dry and lacked flavor. My husband also isnt a big fan but after doing some research I decided to give it a try. It took several attempts to get it how I like it and a hodge podge of recipes combined together. This meatloaf is now one of my most favorite meals, specially in the fall and winter months. Its juicy, tasteful and delicious!

Meatloaf

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 lb hamburger
  • 1 onion
  • a few cloves of garlic (depending on how much you like it, we like a lot so I ususally use 3-4 cloves.
  • 1/4 tbsp pepper
  • 1/4 tbsp sage
  • 1/2 tsp ground mustard
  • 1 tbsp worchestire sauce
Topping
  • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
Directions
  • Mix all main ingredients together and form into a loaf and place inside a lightly greased loaf pan.
  • Mix topping together and spread over the loaf.
  • Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
  • Uncover and bake for 15 additional minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment