Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Apple Brownies

I got this recipe from my wonderful mother in law. Apparently she has a whole stash of old family recipes from her aunt. This was a favorite of my husbands growing up and he begged me to make it after I came home with 2 pecks of apples from an apple picking adventure. So from our family, to yours, enjoy!

Apple Brownies
1/2 c margarine
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
a few apples (pealed, cored & chopped)

- Whip margarine while gradually adding sugar & egg.
- Beat until light & creamy
- Mix in apples
- Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl than combine with margarine mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

This fills one small 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish. I doubled the recipe for my 13x9 baking dish. To get the apples into small enough pieces I peeled, cored & diced than added them to my kitchenaid chopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment